In this business focused session Mieszko Czyzyk, co-CEO of GoalGorilla, explains how his company funds and markets Open Social, a Drupal 8 community distribution.
This talk is interesting for business owners, marketeers, product managers and anyone interested in the Drupal ecosystem in general.
We will discuss the following:
- why as a company we chose to diversify from a model where we bill by the hour
- funding a Drupal distribution
- marketing a Drupal distribution, while selling the same code base as a SaaS
- results from our funding experiment on Open Collective
- a vision how Drupal is or isn't a good match for SaaS
- a vision if and how products support a path for sustainable agency growth, with reduced risk
The last 10 minutes are reserved for discussion.