Views Bulk Operations (VBO) module allows selecting certain view rows and executing actions on the selection. This functionality has been implemented in Drupal 8 core but it's very limited comparing to VBO, that features:
- ability to execute actions in batch operations,
- ability to execute actions on all view results,
- ability to select items on multiple pages of the view and with changing exposed filters,
- Drush command to execute an action on view results,
- API for other view provider modules like Search API (already integrated)
The scope of this lecture will cover the possibilities of the Drupal 8 version of VBO module, showing improvements for end users and site builders. It will also cover basic API usage for creating custom actions.